Share/Like This Post

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cranberry Jello

This recipe is a holiday favorite in my family. My aunt makes it at Thanksgiving every year and it is my favorite thing at the Thanksgiving table! It is full of fresh, delicious ingredients that I love! I made it again this week and CAN"T STOP eating it!!! I tried to skinny it up just a bit, by reducing the amount of sugar and nuts by a small amount to reduce the number of calories/points per serving but it is full of super healthy fruits so I didn't want to mess with it too much~

Ingredients:
1 large package of raspberry jello
2 cups hot boiling water
1 cup sugar
12 oz. fresh cranberries
1 whole orange, peeled and sectioned
1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained well (you can use fresh here just crush it in the food processor)
1/2 cup pecan pieces


Aren't cranberries beautiful?? I just love them!

Directions:
Mix together jello, sugar and boiling water and set aside. (Do not do the "quick set  directions on the box" it will mess this up)
In blender or food processor, add whole cranberries and orange sections, chop finely don't make it into a smoothie, just chop it like this...


Finally, add pineapple and pecans gently fold together. Chill overnight.


If you want the full fat verion of this, it calls for 1.5 cups of sugar and 1 cup of nuts.

Weight Watcher Friends: This makes about 12 3/4 cups servings and has 4 points per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment