Share/Like This Post

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lily's Chicken (my way)

Have you ever had Lily's Chicken at Bonefish Grill? There are so many good things to eat at Bonefish but I do love Lily's Chicken. I was craving it the other day and but had just been to the grocery store so I figured I better make something at home. I decided to just try to re-create Lily's Chicken at home.  I haven't had it in a long time but it was something like this...

Ingredients:
12 oz chicken breast, sliced thin
2 t olive oil
1 T butter (real butter)
1/2 lemon, juice and zest
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 cup artichoke hearts quartered, drained
4 oz goat cheese, sliced
2 t diced parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste


Directions:
Heat 2 t olive oil in a skillet. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Saute chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes per side, move to a plate and cover with foil. Using the same pan, turn up the heat and add 1/2 of the stock, simmering and stirring to remove the bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the butter and reduce the heat to med-low, stirring to combine. Next add the artichoke hearts and cook for 3-4 minutes. At this point if you feel you need more liquid (for the sauce) add more chicken stock, you may not need the whole 1/2 cup, the less you use the thicker your sauce will be. I don't mind it thin so I used it all. Squeeze the fresh lemon into the sauce, then add a little zest. Finally add the chicken breast back into the pan and cook for another 2 minutes. Finally plate the chicken by placing a chicken breast on a plate, next top each breast with 1 oz of goat cheese then 3-4 artichoke hearts and drizzle the sauce evenly on top. * Lily's chicken at Bonefish, has sauteed spinach on top but I didn't have any on hand so I just omitted it. But if you have some fresh spinach it would make it extra good!




Weight Watcher Friends: This serves 4 people and has 6 points per serving! YUMMY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can’t wait to make this recipe! I think I’ll substitute asparagus for the artichoke.

    ReplyDelete