Share/Like This Post

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Asian Lettuce Wraps


Last week I made some awesome lettuce wraps! I kept hearing people talking about full fat versions of these and I just new I could skinny them up and still have them taste GREAT!!! My family ate them up, they were super healthy and so good!!!

Ingredients:
1 Red Bell Pepper -diced small
1/2 white onion -diced small
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 t fresh ginger, minced
3/4 cup of mushrooms (whatever type you like, I used baby bellas)-diced small
8 baby carrots -cut into thin strips
1/2 head of cabbage-cut into thin strips (or just just 2 cups of a cole slaw mix)
1 small can of water chestnuts -diced small
1lb of ground chicken or turkey breast
1 head of lettuce cleaned and broken into pieces for the wraps (I like Boston Bibb or Cabbage leaves)

Sauce:
2 T soy sauce
2 T Teryaki sauce
2-3 T Sweet Chili Sauce (I love the Trader Joe's version)
1 T honey

Directions:
Mix the sauce ingredients together and whisk to combine, set aside.
Heat skillet, add turkey/chicken breast and let cook for about 3-5 minutes break up into small pieces. Then pour sauce over the top, stir to mix and set aside. Next add the veggies to a hot wok, stir for 2-4 minutes until the veggies are to your desired tenderness. Pour the meat & sauce over the veggie mix and cook for about 2 more minutes. Then serve in lettuce cups.
All the veggies after they were chopped.

Sweet and spicy sauce, mmmmm...

This is cooked turkey, not very appetizing but this is before I poured the sauce over the top, which helps!

Veggies cooking
All  mixed together and ready to eat!
 I served these with mini egg rolls for my kids! A family favorite at my house!

Notes: I added a little water (couple of tablespoons) to my sauce to make it stretch without adding more calories. But for those who aren't counting calories, a teaspoon of sesame oil would be great!
Also add whatever veggies you like or think would be good, I had a bag of broccoli slaw so I added half of it.
Weight Watcher Friends: This recipe makes six 1.5 cup servings and each has 3 points!

No comments:

Post a Comment