Share/Like This Post

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Salsa Jack Chicken



I made this Friday night, on a whim. My husband came home from work and I had gotten a new jar of Jack's Fresh Salsa from Costco. Have you had it?? It is yumm-o! I like to slice carrots in half so they have flat side for scooping and use them like chips for my salsa, a great 0-point way to snack! Anyway I wanted more salsa so I just made this up, my husband did not sound thrilled when I told him but I said let me try and we can see if it is any good. It took about 10 minutes from start to finish and it was great! Since he was having a beer and sitting at the bar chatting with me we cut some up and put them on chips and made little apps. This is ridicuoulsy simple, nothing fancy, just yummy so I wanted to share!

Ingredients:
1 pound chicken breast, sliced in half
1 t olive oil
1/2 cup fresh salsa
6 T Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish

 Directions: Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Season chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add chicken breast to skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from heat, top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of Monterrey Jack cheese, allow cheese to melt, then top with one tablespoon salsa. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.

Hot from the skillet

Top with cheese, it will melt quickly, mmm melting cheese!

Topped with Salsa then garnished with fresh cilantro

Oops, I ate it while I was photographing then wasn't hungry for dinner :)

Then we cut it into bite sized portions to make a little appetizer, super yummy on a chip!

Weight watcher friends: I used a 1 pound package of chicken breast for my recipe I sliced each breast and half giving me six breasts. I had six servings at three points per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment