Share/Like This Post

Friday, September 21, 2012

Cajun Breakfast Bowl


This idea came from my New York trip and a cute little restaurant in the Chelsea Market District called Tipsy Parson. We had brunch at this fabulous little gem of a restaurant and every thing that touched our lips was to-die-for!!! But this re-make is of what I ordered, they called it "Pig in a Poke" It was actually so delicious that when I was too full to take another bite I wanted to cry, it was the best breakfast I have had in a long time! So this is my version of it and I'm sure my version is much lighter but still very very good!

This recipe could easily be doubled to serve 4 or more people.

Ingredients:
7 oz kielbasa sausage (I used turkey)
2 cups chicken stock
6 T grits
2 eggs
1 T butter
1 T sour cream
Cajun seasoning to taste

Directions:
Cook your grits according to the package directions using chicken stock instead of water. Using stock instead of water gives the grits a stronger flavor. While the grits are cooking slice the kielbasa and saute in a frying pan for about 3-5 minutes, season with Cajun season to taste. Remove sausage from pan, spray with non-stick spray and fry two eggs to your preference. I like my eggs over-medium, where the white is cooked and the yellow runny and in this dish it is super de-lish when the yellow runs into the grits! Once the grits are finished, add the butter and sour cream to the grits and stir. Divide the grits into two bowls, top each bowl with half of the kielbasa, add one egg to each bowl and serve.

I sliced and halved one half of a package of Jenn-O Turkey sausage
Saute it up and add some spice, not much, because it's already a little salty
Add to the top of the yummy creamy grits!
Add the egg...
and EAT!!!

Weight Watcher Friends: This recipe has makes two servings and each one has 9 points plus. It is super filling and totally worth every point!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment