Share/Like This Post

Monday, September 3, 2012

Homemade BBQ Sauce


I have been making my own BBQ sauce for quite some time. My mom has always made her own and it is amazing. Have you read the ingredients list on the store bought bottle in your fridge or pantry? When you read the labels of bottled sauces it can really freak you out, well at least it does me! I try to make a double batch so I can put some in a mason jar and have it on hand but we usually end up using it all at once. Whatever you have left over you can put in a glass jar and save for at least a month. This sauce is part my mom's and part my own. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 t oil (olive or canola)
1/2 cup diced onions (red or white)
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 T brown sugar
1 T Dijon mustard

Directions:
Heat oil in a sauce pan, add onion. Saute for 3-5 minutes until the onions begin to sweat, then add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a boil then turn to a low simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes.

This is not all the ingredients, sometimes I use honey and sometimes I use brown sugar, it's good either way.

This is after it has been cooked.

I had made my BBQ Pork this night and I love eating it over slaw!

Weight Watcher Friends: This makes 12 servings, each are two tablespoons. Each serving has 1 point plus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment