Share/Like This Post

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nam Sod



This recipe is from my cousin, Rusty, he's a great cook. He made this up at our farm last year and everyone loved it! My husband has asked me to make it about 15 times, I finally called up my cousin to get the recipe. It was great! Enjoy!!!

Ingredients:
1 lb fresh lean ground pork
2 T fish sauce
3 limes, juice & zest
2 T garlic, minced
2 T fresh ginger, minced
5 green onions/scallions, chopped
3 T Cilantro, chopped
5-7 small dried Thai chili peppers
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 head of cabbage
1/2 bag broccoli slaw*

Directions:
Brown the pork making sure to cook through. Once the pork is cooked, add the garlic and ginger, cook for about 1 minute then remove from heat. Add the remaining ingredients, fish sauce, lime, zest, green onions, peppers, cilantro and peanuts.  The Thai peppers can either have the seeds included or removed depending on the amount of heat you like, I served this to my kids so I removed the seeds. Quarter the cabbage head & separate sections. Use the cabbage slices as a wrap and enjoy together.

If you have never used ginger, peel it then chop, it is a root so it is very fibrous 

 Fish sauce does not smell great (imagine that) and is very salty so do not add any additional salt.

Thai chili peppers

Mine were full of seeds so I had to remove most of them.

Brown the pork
*the broccoli slaw is not a typical part of this recipe, I just had it on hand and threw it in when I added the garlic and ginger.
This dish is tangy, delicious and unique mix of flavors.

Clean the cabbage leaves and tear them to cup sizes.

Fill the cups with the pork mixture and enjoy!

 Weight Watcher Friends: this recipe serves 5 and each serving is 1 cup and has 4 points per cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment