Share/Like This Post

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Halloween


I love the fall and the Halloween season but all the candy and junk food make me CRAZY! So a couple of years ago I decided to fill my kids up with healthy snacks before we headed out to Trick-or-Treat. I did some research on the Internet and then made up a few of my own. I thought I would share these pictures with you in case you wanted to try something like this as well. My kids loved this, they thought it was all so great. But the best part for me was that I knew they were getting some healthy things in their little bodies before they were filled with food dyes, sugar and artificial ingredients!

It was quite a spread of fun! This was done before my blogging days so excuse the horrid lighting.
 
Spooky Eyes:
Take a dried apple ring, top with a dried apricot then top with a raisin. I think I used a dab of cream cheese to secure it all.
 
 
Mummy Pizzas:
1/2 bagel bite, top with pizza sauce, strips of mozzarella cheese and use black olives for eyes. I made noses with mine but I think the eyes would just be fine. Then bake for 10-12 minutes.
 
Finger Dip:
Take your favorite veggie dip and slice a small flat part on the tip of the carrot then use some cream cheese to attach sliced almonds to make fingernails.
 
Freaky Mouths:
Cut apples in half, gently remove the core. Carefully cut a small opening in the skin side. Use your knife and make slits under the apple skin to stick almond slices in for the teeth.

Bread Stick Bones:
These are just refrigerated bread sticks, that I shaped into bones and baked.
 
All extremely simple but lots of fun for the kids!
 
This is a little picture I found of my babies from a couple years ago.
 Have a Happy Happy Halloween!!
 
                


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment