Share/Like This Post

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Grilled Vegetable Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette




Thanks goodness this is the last week of weeknight swim team! I feel like I haven't been able to feed my family as well as usual and it makes me crazy! Walking in the door at 6:15pm on a school night, having to feed and bathe two kids does not lend itself to eating well and especially not to blogging. This is what I wanted to post for Cinco de Mayo but since I hurt my back on May 3rd, I never got it together. I made this last weekend and it was so good. I got the idea from Pinterest and had pinned it on my recipe board but knew I could slim it down a bit without taking away from taste and flavor and I PROMISE you won't miss those extra calories with my version! I know I always rant and rave about the recipes I post but this one is a must-try. It really is fabulous, Enjoy!!!

Salad Ingredients:
2 ears Corn (yellow or white)
1 avocado, diced
2 cups tomatoes, halved
1/2  red onion, sliced thin
1/4 cup feta, crumbled
1 English cucumber, quartered
1/2 lime, juiced
Cilantro Vinaigrette Ingredients:
2 T Olive oil
2 T white wine vinegar
1 t. Garlic powder
2 T. Fresh cilantro, minced
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Directions:
Grill the corn. Just leave the corn in the husks and throw it on a hot grill, turning every 10 minutes, four turns. Let cool about 5-10 minutes, then remove the husks and discard. Using a sharp knife remove the kernels from the cobs. Add to a larger bowl then add avocados, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and squeeze the 1/2 lime over the veggies and avocados. Set aside until ready to serve.

To make the dressing whisk the olive oil and vinegar, then add garlic powder, cilantro, salt and pepper. Whisk well and drizzled over the salad, gently toss and top with feta and serve.

My number one way to eat corn!

It's so sweet and delicious doesn't even need salt or butter!

With these yummy ingredients, how could this not be good?!
Such a perfect marriage of flavors!

Look beautiful and tastes even better!
Weight Watcher Friends: This one makes 5 servings and each has 5 points. Not a low point side dish but a super healthy one that you can feel great about eating!!
Source: The Authentic Suburban Gourmet

1 comment:

  1. Def going to try this wkend! What an awesome summer dish!

    ReplyDelete