Share/Like This Post

Monday, July 16, 2012

Pan Seared Grouper with Tomatoes and Feta over Saffron Rice


Holy Yum!!! This might be my new favorite dinner ever! I know this picture makes the fish look like a big piece of chicken, ha! It has all the components of a yummy dinner that I love, fresh fish, fresh veggies, feta cheese. We went to the beach, at St. George Island, at the beginning of the month and went out to dinner one evening. The restaurant in Apalachicola we went to had a special and it was something like this dish, it was delicious and I wanted to recreate it. I feel like I did a great job. This was wonderful, and the whole family ate it and enjoyed it. I hope you and yours will too!

My sweet little family on St. George Island, FL, such fun, a major thanks to my mom who takes us to the beach every year, we are so blessed!


Ingredients:
1 large piece of grouper(my piece was just under a lb)
1 package of saffron rice
25 Grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1 shallot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 cup feta cheese
Seasons for your fish (I used a few shakes of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder)
1 t olive oil

Directions:
Cook the rice according to the package directions. While the rice is cooking, slice the veggies, season the grouper, and heat the oil over high hea,t once the pan is hot add the grouper to the pan. Sear/cook the grouper on each side for 3-5 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish. Once the fish is cooked through, remove from the pan and add the peppers, onions, shallots, and garlic, saute for about 1-2 minutes then add the tomatoes for about 30-45 seconds, you don't want the tomatoes cooked, just slightly warmed. Immediately add to the rice, next add the feta then top with the fish. This entire dish took no more than 25 minutes from start to finish.

It took less than 5 minutes to chop these up.
I seasoned my fish with a few dashes of salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder
Seared up deliciously
Wish this yummy stuff wasn't so fattening!
Top the rice with the veggies and feta, yum!!
Finally add the fish!
Just posting this makes me want to run down and eat the rest!

Weight Watcher Friends: This meal makes 4 servings and each has 9 points per serving. The saffron rice is pretty point heavy but it sure is good and totally worth it! Serve this wish a salad and it will be a huge hit with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment