Share/Like This Post

Monday, July 9, 2012

Roasted Corn and Poblano Peppers


It's been a long time since I have posted, but I do have some great recipes to make up for it! On June 29 swim team ended, while the kids attended their 'end of the season' parties we packed up the car and headed to with beach with my family for the week. It was a great trip! We have been back for just a couple of days and now I finally feel like summer has actually started, Hallelujah!!! This recipe is my husband's creation, I asked him what he wanted this week and this is what he described. I had to call him a couple times to make sure I was making it just right and in the end he said it was a winner, we hope you like it too!

Ingredients:
3 Ears of Corn, kernels removed
2 Poblano Peppers, diced
1 Sweet onion, diced
1 t olive oil
2 T cilantro, chopped
1/2 lime, juiced
1 t salt
fresh cracked pepper to taste

Directions:
Grill corn in husks or clean and wrap in foil to place on grill (either way works fine), cook until done, allow to cool then remove kernels from the cob. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet, add onions and peppers, saute over medium-high heat until they begin to soften. Then remove from heat and combine with the corn. Finally add the cilantro, squeeze the juice of the lime on top, add the salt and pepper toss together and serve. We ate this on chips, on our forks on the side of of plates, it was just good!

Weight Watcher Friends: This makes 4 servings each are 1 cup and each have only 2 points per serving. Makes it a great app or side dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment