Share/Like This Post

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Broiled Parmesan Talapia with Polenta and Mixed Vegetables

I love to make fish, I know it is healthy and my kids and husband love it! I usually dip it in lemon zest infused olive oil, then bread it with a mixture of panko, ground flax and parm, then saute it in olive oil. It is super delish that way. But I was trying to make it with less fat/oil so this past Sunday night I tried it this way and it was great!

Weight Watcher Friends: can you believe that this whole plate only has 7 points??

Ingredients:
4 Talapia fillets
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup Grated parm
1 lemon, juice and zest
salt and pepper

Directions:
Turn broiler on. Use some olive oil spray and coat your pan, then place the fillets on the pan. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over each fillet, add lemon zest and salt and pepper to each fillet. Then sprinkle about 1 tablespoon each of the bread crumbs and parm to each fillet. Place under the broiler for about 5-8 mins, checking to make sure they don't burn, broiling can turn from perfection to disaster in seconds :)

I served this with Polenta, I buy it at Trader Joes ready and in a tube for under $2.00 it is a yummy side dish that I just slice then sear on each side in a non-stick frying pan with about 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil. I season them with salt and pepper and Garlic Garlic and cook them for about 5-7 minutes per side.

I also served this with steamed broccoli and sauteed mixed vegetables.

Weight Watcher Friends: The fish as prepared in this dish only has 4 points, the polenta has 2 and there is a small amount of olive oil on the sauteed veggies so they have 1 point at the most. This is a ton of food for 7 points and very filling.

1 comment: