Share/Like This Post

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Corn Casserole

I had no idea this could be so good and not loaded with fat! A couple weeks ago my husband and I watched and drooled as The Pioneer Woman made the yummiest looking dinner. My husband was jealous because she made it with 1 cup of heavy cream and 1 stick of butter, ugh I think my cholesterol just went up as I typed that~ But it looked really good so I wanted to re-create this with much less calories and fat. And I did a great job, if I do say so myself, it was fabulous!!
Ingredients:
4 ears of fresh corn
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1/4 of a red onion, diced
2 T Half & Half
1 T Butter, cubed
Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Shuck the corn.  Then remove the kernels by placing the corn cobs into a bowl, there are two reasons to do this, one because this is a messy job (literally juice and pieces of corn will be flying ) and two because you want all the yummy juice from the corn to be in your casserole! Once you have all four ears of corn cleaned off and all kernels into the bowl, add your diced bell pepper, onion, half & half, butter, salt and pepper mix together. You may need to taste this to make sure you have enough salt. Sorry but I never measure salt I add a few pinches of kosher salt until I think it is right, I usually taste things and decide if it needs more. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
 This was so yummy, I served it with a grilled fillet and my own twice baked potatoes. It was an amazing dinner.

Weight Watcher Friends: The amounts in this recipe serves at least six. Each 3/4 cup serving has 4 points. So good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment