Share/Like This Post

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Meghan!

Today is my sister-in-law Meghan's birthday, Happy Birthday Girl!

Let me tell you a few things about our Meg, she is super easy going, fun to be around, loves to laugh and has a great sense of style, all the things necessary to make a fabulous sister-in-law! She is the BEST aunt ever, my kids worship her, she does all kinds of fun things with the kids! She always thinks about others and would do anything to help any of her friends and family and never expect anything in return. I am extra happy that she and my brother and their precious kids now live less than 6 miles away from us! Which makes for lots of fun times and tons of memories that have already been made!

She is the PERFECT wife for my crazy awesome brother, Brian...

Today I decided it was going to be her day, I told her to go do whatever she wanted and that I would pick her kids up from school and see her at her house for a birthday party and dinner. The kids and I had tons of fun making homemade birthday gifts, cards and making dinner and a cake.

My mom is the best baker, but me, not so much. I'm not great at following directions, I like to try a little-of-this and a little-of-that which doesn't make for great baking. But I do bake an amazing carrot cake and a great pound cake, both are completely delicious and full of fat so I don't make them often, but Meg wanted some good carrot cake so this morning Elle and I hooked her up!


 And it turned out perfect!
That's a carrot cake with cream cheese icing and it looked like this on the inside...
It was really yummy! So was this Greek Salad...
And this homemade lasagna..
Wow, it was really good!
We sang Happy Birthday, opened presents and had a great time!
Happy Birthday Meghan! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment