Share/Like This Post

Friday, February 17, 2012

Red Beans and Rice with Sausage and Peppers


I threw this together last week with random things in my fridge and it turned out great!! I used two different kinds of sausage because I love Turkey Kielbasa but my husband acts like eating it is torture! He is such a pork guy. So I bought two packs, the kids and I ate the turkey and he ate the spicy pork. I usually don't do that, typically he just has to eat what I cook or he can make something himself so you would have thought he won the lottery the way he acted when he realized he got his own sausage! For the recipe I am posting I am only including the Turkey Kielbasa.

Ingredients:
1 package Turkey Kielbasa Sausage
2 cups cooked rice (I cook mine in chicken stock for better flavor)
1 large yellow onion, sliced
1 large green bell pepper, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can of red beans, rinsed and drained
2-3 t of Cajun seasoning (if you like spicy, add more)





Directions:
Using s skillet on medium high heat, brown sausage on each side about 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and add the peppers, onions and garlic and Cajun seasoning. Saute for about 3-5 minutes (depending on how crisp or cooked you like your veggies, we like them crisp). Once your rice is cooked and still hot, gently stir the beans into the rice. To serve, add 1 cup of the rice and bean mixture to the plate top with the cooked veggies then with the sausage.

A great one as leftovers!

Weight Watcher Friends: This makes 4 servings and each are 8 points plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment