Share/Like This Post

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Asian Mushroom Soup

I made this soup tonight and it was really yummy if you like a veggie soup with a Asian flair. It would make a great starter to any Asian dinner night. We had it tonight with a shrimp stir fry, I will post that later. This was really good, and all of us who like mushrooms in my family loved it! My son who loves mushrooms said, "Mom please make this every night!"

Ingredients:
1 t canola oil
3 cups mushrooms (I used 1/2 button & 1/2 portabella)
1 onion, sliced
6-7 baby carrots, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1/2 can sliced water chestnuts
3 stalks Bok Choy sliced (reserve greens)
6 cups Beef Stock
1 cup water
2 T soy sauce (I use gluten free Tamari)
1-2 scallions, sliced

Directions:
Heat oil in a large sauce pot on medium high heat. Add onions, carrots and celery after about 2 minutes add the garlic and bok choy, let wilt for 3-5 minutes then add beef stock, water and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer, add mushrooms and water chesnuts cook for 15-20 minutes on med low. I served it with the diced greens of the bok choy and sliced scallions on top.


Weight Watchers Friends: This makes 5-7 servings each have 1 point each. A great variation on 0-point veggie soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment